Four weeks in western USA by RV was a dream come true. We traveled in July 2017, from Denver in Colorado to South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah and Arizona. We mainly stayed in national park campgrounds. It was a great way to explore the national parks of the American west with children.
Here we share our itinerary, where we stayed and highlights for inspiration. We have travelled in the amazing American west in other formats as well: two weeks in car and hotels and three weeks with car and tent.
Here you can read how we organised food and meals when we travelled in tent and RV.
Interested in renting an RV in USA? Click here to read our experience with renting and driving a 30-foot RV from Cruise America.
Using the map: Use the mouse to zoom and pan. Click the button in the top-left corner to open a navigation menu. There you can select or de-select specific types of content we have added to the map.
Itinerary for four weeks in western USA by RV
This is the itinerary for four weeks in western USA by RV:
- Day 1-2 Denver, TownPlace Suites by Marriott (without RV)
- Day 3, Boyd Lake State Park, Loveland campground
- Day 4-6, Custer State Park, Fort Welikit Campgrund
- Day 7, Cody, KOA Cody
- Day 8-9, Yellowstone National Park, Canyon village campground
- Day 10-11, Yellowstone National Park, Madison campground
- Day 12, Grand Teton national Park, Colter Bay campground
- Day 13-14, Salt Lake City, KOA
- Day 15, Capitol Reef National Park, Thousand Lakes RV park
- Day 16-17, Bryce Canyon National Park, Ruby’s camp
- Day 18-19, Zion National Park, Zion Canyon Campground and RV Resort
- Day 20, Lake Powell, Wahweap campground
- Day 22, Blanding, Blue Mountain campground
- Day 23-26 Moab, Archview RV
- Day 27, Rocky Mountain National Park, Timber Creek campground
- Day 28 Estes Park, Manor RV